Growth Mindset Discussion

 

While watching the assigned videos over Carol Dweck, I thought It was very fascinating to see her views, and ideas over the growth mindset. In regards to watching the videos, I do feel like I see myself on the spectrum of growth mindset in my school work. Although I say that I have a growth mindset, that is not always the case on an every day basis. I still sometimes receive bad grades, or get frustrated over things because I don't know how to do them, but it is important to always challenge yourself because you don't want to be stuck in a fixed mindset. On the other hand, there are certain aspects of my life where I see myself on the spectrum of a fixed mindset. For example, I have always wanted to play the guitar, but have always become frustrated and annoyed that I am not as skilled as others. I give up instantly because I cannot surpass a certain note, or get annoyed when I can't do it because I wanted to be just as good as something that can actually play. Something that I have learned about my own learning is that although it may take me awhile to fully grasp a topic, I always am able to finish it no matter the circumstances. Listening to Carol Dweck has allowed me to open up to certain things, and take on challenges because you can come out better than you came in. I would be interested in learning more about the growth mindset this semester. I wouldn't say there is a class i'm super excited about, or worried about, I just got to take it one step at a time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to a Future Advertiser

Week 6: The Video Game competition